We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic interns to join our team.
|POSITION TITLE||COMMUNICATION INTERN|
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Communication Executive / Manager
Elevate Communication, 4/13 Manilla Street, East Brisbane, QLD 4169
Temporary (work experience)
One day a week for 10 weeks OR two days a week for 5 weeks, 8.30am – 5pm
The Communication Intern will provide support to the Elevate team with client requirements such as ongoing PR and communication assistance, research, data entry, and projects as directed by the intern’s designated supervisor. The Communication Intern reports directly to their supervisor. All tasks assigned to the Communication Intern must either come from or have gone through the relevant supervisor before the Communication Intern can begin work on them.
- Assist the team with preparation and distribution of high-quality communication materials including (but not limited to); media releases, statements, internal memos, newsletters, EDM copy, reports, web copy, speech notes, blogs, social media posts and tweets, articles, fact sheets, profiles, case studies, and awards submissions.
- Assist the team in ensuring all communication materials are 100% error free and are of a high level, professional standard.
- Assist the team with the preparation of monthly reports including compiling media coverage and researching circulation figures.
- Assist in the production of presentations, proposals, and professional documents using the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and where able, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Assist with brainstorming and proposal development including research.
- Attend and be involved in weekly team meetings.
- Assist in the maintenance of Elevate and client websites with content and imagery as directed.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of social media content schedules.
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring social media accounts for analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the development of online social media competitions across various platforms.
- Assist in the design and distribution of Elevate’s EDM as directed by the Communication Director.
- Assist in general office duties such as formatting documents, scanning, binding, organising couriers, and other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the maintenance of the media diary, by keeping all media up to date and ensuring all the media materials are filled correctly.
- Observe and/or assist team members in liaising with established suppliers for, promotional products, event suppliers and other suppliers as required.
- Observe and/or assist team members in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with suppliers, freelancers, existing and new clients, and other Elevate team members.
- Build your professional network through working with Elevate’s experienced, professional PR practitioners.
- Participate as a contributing Elevate team member to support the overall company vision and lives the core values: Awesome, Passion, Connection, Creativity, Growth, Daring and Integrity.
- Experience the world of PR.
- Completed or currently studying an undergraduate degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related industries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail with excellent spelling and grammar.
- Work collaboratively with the Elevate team.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- The position of Communication Intern is unpaid. If a paid position becomes available, the Communication Intern would be encouraged to apply.