Following a slew of recent successes, one of Brisbane’s leading marketing and communications agency is rounding out its offerings by reinstating its major events arm of the business.
Elevate Communication parked its events pillar during Covid, reinstating it in recent months when they brought powerhouse events manager Gina Shaw into the team.
Shaw brings more than 15 years’ experience in the conferencing and events industry and is one of just 58 professionals in Australia / NZ to hold a Professional Conference Organisers Association (PCOA) Certification as a Certified Events Manager (CEM), the peak professional standard for event managers.
“I’m thrilled to join Elevate as Events Manager, I’m looking forward to working on a mix of national conferences and events across Australia,” she said.
Since joining the team, Gina has successfully managed STAR Community Services’ annual community volunteer event – her first for Elevate.
Development Coordinator at STAR Community Services, Catherine Williams was most impressed.
“It was amazing to recently work with Gina and the team from Elevate Communication. Their professionalism and attention to detail took the pressure off our staff and they delivered an outstanding inclusive community event. Looking forward to working with them again,” Ms Williams said.
Gina has delivered hundreds of events throughout her career and has recently signed on QUESTnet, to deliver their 2024 conference for higher education and research professionals. She is in Uluru this week to host the Gutter-Vac franchisee conference.
Elevate is also supporting Brisbane domestic violence charity Beyond DV to raise awareness with its inaugural Dress To Express event, which is being held in partnership with Brisbane Fashion Festival in late August.
Elevate Managing Director Mel Deacon has taken the business from strength to strength in the past 16 years and is excited that the Elevate Events pillar is open for business.
“Gina is one of the best event managers I’ve come across in decades. Her wisdom, expertise and talent are second to none and we couldn’t be prouder to have her on board achieving outstanding results for our clients,” said Mrs Deacon.
- Elevate was awarded the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA)’s Small Agency of the Year consecutively in 2017, 2018 and 2019, Agency Team of the Year in 2020 and 2021.
- In 2022 Madeline Jones was awarded the national Student of the Year at the PRIA Golden Target Awards, while Senior Communication Manager Micayla Pretorius claimed Bronze in the Emerging Leader of the Year category.
- In 2023 Corporate Communications Director Josh Stengert was named in B&T’s official 30 Under 30 list for 2023. He was one of three industry professionals recognised in the PR category.
- Founder Mel Deacon is the current PRIA Queensland President and non-executive director
- Elevate is a full-service marketing communication agency based in Brisbane, offering comprehensive expertise to clients in the private, public and not for profit sectors.